SYNOPSIS OF ASA SLOW PITCH RULES FOR MEN’S E/REC CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY
- 70’ bases
- 300’ fences
- Legal batter’s box
- The official bat must bear either the ASA 2000 certification mark, ASA 2004 certification mark or 2013 ASA certification mark. The bat must not be listed in the ASA non-approved list and must be included on the ASA list of approved bats.
- All bats will be checked by umpires prior to each game.
- All bats will be tested before use in the tournament.
- All players must wear matching shirts with an Arabic whole number of contrasting color, at least 6” high on the back of all uniform shirts.
- No courtesy runners
- Official line-up card must be presented to the home plate umpire at the pre-game meeting. Line-up card must list the batters in the proper order with their number, first and last names and positions. Substitutes and manager/coaches should also be listed.
- Seven(7) innings or until a winner(no tie breaker)
- Batter enters the batter’s box with a one and one count. A foul ball on strike three is an out.
- Run ahead rule for all games – 20 after three (3) innings, 15 after four (4) innings, 10 after five (5) innings.
- No home runs allowed. A home run will result in a half-inning ending out.
- Base stealing is allowed when the ball reaches the front edge of home plate.
- Dead ball, stealing is not allowed, if the ball hits home plate, in front of home plate or the batter.
- On a base on balls, the batter-runner may not advance beyond first base unless there is a play on another runner or an errant throw.
- Double Elimination format plus a separate single elimination bracket for teams finishing 0-2.
- Pitcher must have both feet on the ground with one or both feet in contact with the pitching plate; must come to a complete stop for at least one second with the ball in front of the body before starting the delivery; the ball must be delivered without a stop or reversal with an underhand motion and with at least one foot in contact with the pitching plate.
- Pitch must have an arc of at least six (6) feet high and no higher than ten (10) from the ground.